Roon - which "player" do you use, or plan to use?

lundi 4 avril 2016

Hi all,

I'm currently running Roon Core on my Media PC, which is now out of the HiFi rack. I have tried both an Apple Airport Express, and Apple TV (mk3 with the optical out), and generally happy with the results. Sonically they seem as good as any other digital file player, but I've certainly not done any significant listening tests, and have new amp and speakers, so can't comment compared to my old set up. However, the AE (which is what I've currently got connected) does occasionally drop out (not often, just once every few hours), and doesn't seem to support gapless. It's also limited (I believe) to 16/48 resolution.

So, I've been looking at the Roon partner list (which doesn't list Apple - not a surprise I suppose) and have followed all the links. There's very little available just yet, and I've little idea on timeframe (other than a little bird told me that Bryston are close to a formal "Roon readiness").

Of the limited options currently available I even got as far as hitting "Buy" on the Sonore Sonic Orbiter SE - only to be told they're out of stock.

I want a device that's not hugely expensive, and is a "player" only (I am perfectly happy with the DAC in the Devialet). What should I be looking at?

Not keen to muck about with Raspberry Pis (unless someone can convince me that they're super-reliable and don't need constant tinkering/updating?) - so one of the proprietary solutions looks favourite - if there is one!

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Roon - which "player" do you use, or plan to use?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire