Statement at Winchester Hifi

vendredi 8 avril 2016

Statement at Winchester Hifi


I spent a couple of hours listening to the S1 through a 500 driving some Focale Supra N2s. The source was an NDS with 555. This is easily the best system I've heard, even with its digital front end. Not all recordings were great - Blue Nile's Walk Across the Rooftops on Tidal was horrid, whereas the CD rip on the local server sounded great. However other Tidal recordings were good, including the newish Blue Nile album. Higher res recordings were as different as going from an XX2 to my XV1S. Really interesting. The S1 is way out of my reach but the NDS is worth considering and the speakers were superb. Also the SL cables might be worth a go. Many thanks to Andy, he knew I wasn't about to buy any of it (my 300 is only a year old has just been DRd) and I'm very pleased with my system, but it was interesting to hear how much more £100k buys.

__________________
Linn Whest Naim Shahinian


Last edited by Bartman; Today at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Statement at Winchester Hifi

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire