Dennis Davis R.I.P.

jeudi 7 avril 2016

Dennis Davis R.I.P.

Hi,

The news has reached me about the death of Drummer Dennis Davis. He was David Bowie's drummer from the mid 70s to the early 80s. He play on some of Young American, all of the next albums up to and including Scary Monsters. He help to define Bowie's sound by playing on many great records.

He also played on albums by Roy Ayers, Stevie Wonder, George Benson and Jermaine Jackson. Being part of Bowie's setup, he played drums on Iggy Pop's Idiot album.

Dennis was a New Yorker who studied the work of fine jazz drummers, Elvin Jones & Max Roach. He joined the Clark Terry Big band and gained plenty of experience. He then joined Roy Ayer's band in the early 70s. Bowie hired him in the mid 70s because he like his style.

He died of cancer on the 6/4/16

He played a fine set of drums on many a fine record.

R.I.P. Dennis

Dean

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Dennis Davis R.I.P.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire