Harbeth SHL5 to SHL5 Plus

samedi 9 avril 2016

When I asked my local Harbeth dealer whether the difference between the SHL5 Plus and the discontinued SHL5 is significant, his response is as follows.

The Super HL5plus is faster and more dynamic. It will be better if you audition both the models at our outlet on the type of music you enjoy most.

Before I make a trip for a listen, I would be interested to know if there are any SHL5 owners here who had switched to the SHL5 Plus and found an improvement in separation, dynamics and bass response. Overall a more open, transparent and dynamic sound.

I have been listening to the Dali Mentor Menuets in my main system for about 2 weeks now. Despite the slight *electronic* sound, the little Dalis are more upfront with more extension in the highs. Although the Dalis are more detailed and have more extension in the highs, they do not sound overly bright. They are fun and engaging monitors. The Dalis obviously don't do deep bass due to their diminutive size and do not fill up the large listening area, but they certainly sound larger than they look.

I just switched to the Harbeth SHL5s after listening to the Dalis for 2 weeks, and in the first few minutes the speakers sounded, well, warm and little dull. But after a while, my ears got accustomed to the natural sound again(after all these years).

That brings me the question. Does the new SHL5 Plus sound more transparent, lively and engaging in the treble (more detail and extension) whilst having better separation in the midrange. And the bass, whether it was tuned to be more taut and tight. Of course I can drop in for a listen, but I just thought if anyone here has done a direct comparison between the new SHL5 Plus and its predecessor.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Harbeth SHL5 to SHL5 Plus

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire