Ortofon Quintet Black on Rega RP8 Set-up Advice

samedi 9 avril 2016

Ortofon Quintet Black on Rega RP8 Set-up Advice


Have just bought a new Ortofon Quintet Black cartridge and mounted on my Rega RP8 deck, with RB808 arm.
I have added 5mm packing to raise the arm, but wondered if this is correct?
My reasoning was that the quintet was 2.5mm taller than my Nagaoka cartridge and I had 3mm packing for that! I did not have any more packing to hand but could get more if I had to?
I set up with a Baerwald protractor and dialled in 2.3g force!
Sounds really good, but a bit closed in at the moment!
Has anyone got this set up and can offer advice?
I assume the sound will open up after a few hours use?

__________________
John

Reply With Quote

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Ortofon Quintet Black on Rega RP8 Set-up Advice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire