Passive Pre run backwards?

samedi 9 avril 2016

Passive Pre run backwards?


I've set up a temporary solution to not having a mono switch on my pre and I was wondering if there are any potential impedance isssues doing it this way. All the components are passive, so I'm assuming not - just a small increase in the signal path. Basically I've used the fixed (record) output of a spare passive pre I had kicking around as the input from the phono stage and then used the two inputs as outputs (one stereo, one combined to mono). These then feed my normal preamp. On a first listen, it all sounds okay, and it obviates loads of cable swapping as I wade through the Beatles Mono Vinyl Box. Not quite as neat as a mono button, but should be okay, yes?

Reply With Quote

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Passive Pre run backwards?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire