Tannoy Eaton height

lundi 4 avril 2016

Tannoy Eaton height


Hello all, at last I have the opportunity to set up a HiFi system!
Having moved house & suffered a succession of 'Airplay' speakers I have my Eatons with 34/306 out at last....
My query is what height should they be?
With the Eatons either side of the bay window, the room being 5 x 4m with the bay on the 4m wall, I recall that tweeeters should be ear height when seated... ok......
The HPD295s are in the centre of the cabinet, having to make the installation 'wife' friendly and not being too keen on stands, or being too high!
Could I 'get away' with making wooden box pedestals for them to sit on. I was thinking 200mm high and angling the cabinets back slightly so as to put the horn centres 'on point' as it were, to seated ears.
I recall being in TV edit suites with speakers mounted high up on monitor stacks but angled down, mostly LS3/5As as I remember too!
Would this work?

Reply With Quote

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Tannoy Eaton height

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire