Restored & upgraded arcam alpha 5 cd..

vendredi 1 avril 2016

Restored & upgraded arcam alpha 5 cd..

As my Sony does not seem to be attracting interests from the tda fans I'm gong to test the water with my restored and upgraded alpha 5 cd. Interest at this stage as it's seen a lot of my time invested!

It's been done inline with the thread below and is courtesy of Mike P on this forum who supplied some parts and lots of patience with my questions...

http://ift.tt/1X3OzDl

To summarise what I have done I have replaced all electrolytic caps on the main board and uprated those in the main power supply with Panasonic FC. The rest are rubycon from farnell. Low noise Schottky diodes also.
The dac board has been recapped with rubycon in the psu part, Panasonic FC supplying the dac. , and silmics for the opamps , Wima film on dem dap duties with Rf filtering between the saa7220 and the tda with oscon on the negative supplies for the dac, & 6k8 resistors tying the den cap to the dac negative supplies. Tda dac has been socketed with heatsink to keep it cooler for long life
OPA627 for iv conversion and output opamps - damn good opamp, with clarity caps on the output in dc blocking . Mike did some clever soldering sub surfac moun caps on the underside of the board which I don't know what they do but it's beneficial ...
All in all this is head and shoulders above a standard 5 and it took my mates chord 2qute to show it the door just...
Cosmetically good with no major scuffs or marks but no remote. I can also offer a spare cdm9/65 if needed.
Not sure what to ask as its stood me £140 for the player and parts so sensible offers please.
In Norfolk for a Listen...
Phill

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Restored & upgraded arcam alpha 5 cd..

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire