Keith Christmas

lundi 21 mars 2016

I am not sure we have ever had a Keith Christmas thread so I thought that needed to change.

Perhaps its because I am also an Essex boy like KC but I have always had a soft spot for his albums. I was playing Brighter Day to a muso friend the other day and he was knocked out by it. Aforementioned chum plays a variety of styles but leans towards prog so really appreciated the many musicians from King Crimson/Manticore stable on Brighter Day. Its an album that oozes quality although not everyone likes or gets it.

One of the things I have always loved about this album are the frighteningly prophetic lyrics on the title track or maybe its just the world hasn't changed that much since the mid seventies. One of the things I have always disliked about it was the cover; its really not a flattering picture of KC or a particularly good concept. The US sleeve which is used as the picture on the CD is much better. I just wished that I had picked up some of his earlier albums when they were more easily available.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Keith Christmas

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire