NAP110 Let the smoke out!

mercredi 30 mars 2016

There was a lightening strike on my block today while I was at work. When I got home, I opened the door and immediately smelled ozone. Something electronic was fried. After sniffing around, I found the source - the NAP110 amp that I use for my TV sound (with an NAC42.5 and a pair of LS3/5As). I opened it up and this is what I found:

'

There are fried resistors on both circuit boards, and two transistors that are visibly cracked and melted in Ch2 . I guess there must have been a voltage surge. The line fuse didn't blow, and the pilot light was still lit (I leave the amp on all the time, a practice which has now bit me in the ass).

I haven't tested anything yet, but I assume that the output transistors and drivers will all be toast. I wonder what, if anything, has survived...

Let's block ads! (Why?)

NAP110 Let the smoke out!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire