TeddyDAC vs? Looking to upgrade

mardi 29 mars 2016

For digital currently using a Simaudio 180Mind w/Teddy PS, to TeddyDAC, Naim 282/HiCAP DR/NAP200. I'm looking to upgrade & think the TeddyDAC is now probably the weak link in my setup. I plan to get a 250DR in hopefully the not so distant future but believe my DAC should be upgraded before the swap.

I've been happy with the TeddyDAC but when compared directly to my fairly recently acquired analog front end, it's slightly lacking in some areas. I notice a slight digital harshness in the top end I'm hoping to improve. Things that are important to me are black backgrounds, good quality bass (deep & well defined when it should be), "analog" sounding, etc (all the typical audiophile attributes) but probably one of the most important things is for instruments to sound as close to "real" as possible.

For guys that have heard the TeddyDAC, what have you upgraded to & what areas were improved or any drawbacks? I'm currently leaning towards something like the Chord Hugo. I don't need the portable aspect but have heard their 2Qute works better using USB input, while the Hugo with SPDIF (which I require or AES/EBU).

Let's block ads! (Why?)

TeddyDAC vs? Looking to upgrade

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire