Henry Threadgill

mercredi 30 mars 2016

I've bought four records in the last year with Henry Threadgill on them - a few of these in the last month or so.

David Murray - Ming
Wadada Leo Smith - Great Lakes Suite
Jack De Johnette - Made in Chicago
Zooid - In for a Penny, In for a Pound

I'm really enjoying his playing and his writing - the Zooid record is on repeat at the moment - a great mix of composition and improv with a fairly unusual line up - flute/ sax/ acoustic guitar / cello/ tuba / drums.

What else would people recommend? I want to check out more his stuff but his discography seems pretty eclectic - from Anthony Braxton to Sly and Robbie!. ( I'm going to have to dig out my copy of Rhythm Killers to see if I can pick him out)

Kevin

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Henry Threadgill

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire