Incorporating a sub in a Naim system and other info. needed please..

mardi 29 mars 2016

Incorporating a sub in a Naim system and other info. needed please..

All new to me this, I'd been a sub doubter until recently for hifi, presuming they were the domain of AV people and film watchers.

However after hearing a demo of the REL at a show the other week, then listening to tiny speakers at Strummers linked to a sub I'm now seeing the light.

Yesterday we went to a friends house, he likes his hifi too but has been struggling with bass boom and muddy top ends with every speaker he's tried, all decent gear too.

I decided to take around the little Royds I took to Strummers and a DIY sub I had lying here I'd never used to see if they worked there.

Results were astounding and we achieved more than what we hoped for, it sounded like a far bigger amp set up firing through Isobariks rather than the humble Nap 140/Eden/home made sub we were using.

Problem was the wiring and my numptiness on this subject. An hour of head scratching ended up with this ham fisted way of setting it up.

Speaker cable (NACA5) to Royds from 140, bare speaker cable wrapped around bananas and inserted into Royds at the same time>then secondary cable to sub, ok I've a feeling this should all be done at the amp end but it was just too difficult to do. However results were as posted above.

So guys, I fancy buying a REL or something for my system now to hook up with maybe Kans/Edens/Rogers etc. and do away with big floorstanders now I think I've seen the light (maybe I'm wrong here I don't know).

What is the proper way I should do this please?

Say for instance with a Nap 250, two stand mount speakers and a sub.

Do I need to get someone like Flashback to knock me up some adaptors or similar, do fitting adaptors come with subs?, or is an amp with Naim like sockets not cut out for this sort of thing?

Any help/guidance very much appreciated as always lads, especially from people using a set up like this with Naim.

Cheers.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Incorporating a sub in a Naim system and other info. needed please..

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire