'The Sessions at Abbey Road'. Heads up..

lundi 4 avril 2016

'The Sessions at Abbey Road'. Heads up..

'The Sessions at Abbey Road' is billed as a recreation of the seminal studio sessions leading to the Beatles major output. It is not intended as a 'look alike' show, but more as a 'sound alike'. Legendary recording engineer Geoff Emerick is heavily involved.

I have an added interest in that my good friends Tony and Jimmy Coburn of the Cavern Club Beatles are part of the show, doing vocals for Mc Cartney and Lennon respectively. There are actually about 7 people playing the Beatles as voices, or characters. Tony turned up in the Cavern Thurs afternoon, (Day after the first show) where I was on one of my fairly frequent boozing sessions with my old mate from Nottm. He was greeted as a conquering hero and we all proceeded to get more than normally drunk.

The show had its first charity airing Weds 30th at the Liverpool Arena, but I didn't catch it. That said, the Facebook feedback was entirely positive, not to say ecstatic, from the mostly Liverpool audience.

The official 'opening night' was Friday at the Royal Albert Hall and those reviews I've seen so far are all positive. It is especially gratifying that even in one review where the format was queried, the musicianship was highly praised.

I will be making sure I catch this at the Nottingham venue.

http://ift.tt/22F4wH0

Mull

Let's block ads! (Why?)

'The Sessions at Abbey Road'. Heads up..

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire