Devialet Phantoms, Naim Mu-So, etc

lundi 4 avril 2016

Went to hear the Phantoms yesterday. Reviews were so compelling I almost bought them unheard but Seattle dealers them in for demo.

Only listened to a few tracks, but can't say I liked what I heard, although demo was quick. Sounded fun for a big space and a party where much loud thumping needed, not so much for replacing a decent home system. I would have thought they sound great at low volumes, but decidedly not the case, at least yesterday.

Also heard Naim Mu-So- much better than I expected! Really solid wireless boombox for sure. DOn't know that it's better than my really cheap kitchen system (NAD integrated, Wharfdale Diamonds, Squeezebox Touch, DAC) but it sure look better and takes up much less space. I would consider that for sure.

The new smaller Naim cube-like Mu-So was much less impressive, and sounded very boxy, which it happens to be. So I guess it is accurate, if nothing else.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Devialet Phantoms, Naim Mu-So, etc

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire