Alquin, Focus, and Golden Earring - 1973

vendredi 1 avril 2016

Three Dutch bands in their very prime.

I don't normally run listening sessions like this but I was playing Moontan by Golden Earring for the first time in years and thought I would sniff round some other Dutch bands from 1973. So I dug out my original LPs of The Mountain Queen by Alquin, and At The Rainbow by Focus.

Wow! I'd forgotten just what top notch outfits all three bands were. Doubtless you all know Focus well. The live LP is a brilliant set, mostly tracks from Focus III and Moving Waves. Cooking.

And the Alquin record is superb. Similar quality playing but with the addition of saxes, flute, electric violin, and percussion over the core band of guitar, bass, organ, and drums. More jazz flavour in the mix - akin to Tull, perhaps.

I don't think Alquin made much of a splash in the UK. If you missed them, and enjoy Focus, and Golden Earring - have a listen.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Alquin, Focus, and Golden Earring - 1973

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire