Tone control- What are your views?

samedi 19 mars 2016

I think that its pretty much accepted as fact that the more components you add into the signal path, the more problems you are going to introduce, so if you are not using tone controls, a by-pass is a good thing. If you are going to use tone controls, it then depends on why. If your speakers lack bass, and if the bass control corner frequency and slope match this deficit exactly and the speakers can handle more voltage, then you might achieve something, but its unlikely that it will work well. If, like me, your ears don't work at high frequencies, then no amount of boosting is going to help, and may frighten the dog. However, I do use digital room correction with my kitchen speakers as I can get good bass from them at low volume, and I can also tweak the midrange for best vocal clarity as 90% of the time they are playing BBC Radio4 - but its not "fidelity" in the true sense of the word.
The only tone controls I've used that I feel helped at all was the slope control on some Quad preamps, and the Cello Audio Palette seems to add more than it took away, but overall I feel that digital room correction applied carefully, or best of all - just leave well alone!

Reply With Quote

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Tone control- What are your views?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire