To double up Quad 303's??

mercredi 2 mars 2016

I'm something of a newcomer to the delights of vintage gear, so would appreciate a little advice.

I've had some great advice from Mr Tibbs and Quad2fan, to name but a couple, on here regarding the old Quad gear I've been using recently.

I managed to pick up a Quad 33 and 303 combination, which have been running my old Pink Triangle Ventrical speakers better than Ive heard them before (I've used them with some seriously good stuff, like Spectral...but the Pink triangles have never sounded so good, I think they're quite high impedance speakers).

Now I've found an amp that drives the Pink Triangles so well, I'm wondering if it'd be worth doubling up the little 303 to give a bit more drive?

The Pinks are Bi-wirable.

I've seen cables on Flashback that deliver stereo output to a pair of 4-pin din plugs, so assume its a possibility...this would mean driving the tweeters with one amp and the woofers with the second amp (I think).

Or would I be wasting my money for little gain...the sound at present is pretty impressive!

I'm thinking about having the 33 serviced by Quad, then maybe the 303 serviced in due course.

Any advice from the knowledgeable on here would be greatly appreciated.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.

To double up Quad 303's??

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire