R cores and C cores

samedi 19 mars 2016

There is evidence on the net that these are the ultimate transformers that you can use in audio. I have no experience with them however i am looking in to it.

People who like them and have used them from the top of my head include Les W, Ced and John Luckins. In my experience it is wise to listen to these people.

Are they worth the cost and hassle when replacing nuvotem transformers as used by Naim? There is limited space in a shoebox but if i relocate the regulators to the preamp i can fit two r cores from selectronic.fr in. The largest that will fit are 120VA 0-30V (×2). I can fit two of these in side by side at the front of the hicap so will be able to produce two totally independant centre tapped secondaries of around 42V dc.They will only be supplying a TPR4 module, two 821A boards, 325 relay and Naim LED logo.

Any thoughts? I will be in essence halving the VA rating of the original hicap transformer. I am hoping that the advantabes of the r core or c core will swamp the effect of reducing the transformer's size.

Thanks, Stu

Let's block ads! (Why?)

R cores and C cores

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire