[FS] Miyajima Shilabe low compliance moving coil cartridge

lundi 21 mars 2016

I’ve been running a whole fleet of Miyajimas latterly - Kansui, Shilabe, Zero mono and Premium 78.

I’ve been running the two stereo ones, Kansui and Shilabe, together for a bit as they do different things - the Kansui is a fraction dearer, but it’s not an ‘upgrade’ as such, more of a slightly different approach. The Shilabe being the more detailed and ‘tight’ of the two, the Kansui (which runs lighter and has slightly higher compliance) is a shade ‘wetter’ and more delicate - which is what I settled on for my mainly classical diet. Arguably the Shilabe makes a better first of jazz and rock, and in a perfect world I’d keep both, but I can’t justify that on cash grounds, so the Shilabe is reluctantly for sale.

At 16 ohms impedance and 0.4mv output, it’s not fussy at all on SUTs and will run with most mainstream ones, though I have to say my Hashimoto HM7s are probably the perfect match.

I’ve had this one for just over a year but it’s not been all that heavily used, being run in parallel with various other cartridges (I’ve been having great fun with Shibata tipped Denon 109D, as well as a B&O SP1 and modified Denon 103 this year). It hasn’t been used at all since a recent trip to Audio Origami in Glasgow for the obligatory inspection and deep clean, where J7 put it under the scope and declared it ‘all OK’. See pic taken with his microscope during the cleaning process.

The Shilabe was sourced when I was in Asia in December 2014 (I paid £1400), current UK retail is £1999. I’m offering it for sale at £850 including RMSD.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

[FS] Miyajima Shilabe low compliance moving coil cartridge

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire