ATC SCM7 mk1 versus mk2

mardi 1 mars 2016

What are the sonic differences between these two speakers? I've got mk3s just now and although I'm quite happy with them, I need to put them back on the wall because I presently have to tip-toe past the left speaker whenever I want to pull out a record from the LP storage unit, which sits just to the left of the left speaker and besides, I'm more than a little worried I might accidentally knock the speaker off its stand with my bum one day when I not-so-carefully crouch down to retrieve a record! I'd be happy to stick my mk3s on the Sound Organisation brackets I bought, but they're just a tad too large and too bassy to work well on the wall; the reasons why I put them on stands in the first place.

I've heard mk1s and am happy to agree with this online description, 'Clean and exact sounding, with plenty of detail. slight lack of bass extension though.' If mk2s are similar, they might also do the trick; but if they have more bass extension, then I might as well hold out for mk1s which I know work well in my room straight off the bat.

Fwiw, as both versions are 16cm wide, it looks like I'd need to drill and tap new spike holes on the brackets or place platforms between spikes and speakers, but I'll cross that bridge when the times comes.

TIA,
DJ

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.

ATC SCM7 mk1 versus mk2

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire