Tip for Pin polishing nutters only

dimanche 20 mars 2016

Tip for Pin polishing nutters only


Did anyone do the autosol on their plugs recently and got an improvement?
I did and did.
I was so impressed I tried somethinge else and got another step up.
I powered off the ring of my hifi, removed the wall socket (MK).
I dismantled the socket and looked at the connectors, specifically the on off switch.
Well, these boil down to little metal pimples which make and break contact with a bar.
Guess what, the pimples were black on the copper ends. Oxidation / whatever. Filthy.
I cleaned this off, gave it all a squirt if deoxit, all bright and shiny copper again.
Putting it back together was tricky, but I kept an eye where the bits went.
Waited for the gear to warm up and Wow what a difference.
On this basis I would recommend getting wall sockets without switches ideally.
If you try to clean your sockets for god sake treble check the mains is off before fiddling.

Reply With Quote

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Tip for Pin polishing nutters only

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire