Roon - how do you run it?

lundi 21 mars 2016

I've plumped for a Devialet D200 as the hub of my system, despite the integration with Roon not seeming to be making any headway.

I currently have it on a Windows 10 fan-less/SSD media PC, which is just fine in many ways, but it still means having to boot/shutdown, and cope with it being a PC! It's also running a SMPS which I'd rather avoid, but maybe I'll no longer fret too much on that (I did buy a Teddy Pardo PS, but a couple of recent system panics suggest it's not quite up to delivering the power the PC occasionally demands).

Would a Mac Mini give any benefits? Any downsides? It's SMPS isn't it and no option for an external PS?

I suppose I could get a proprietary player, and host the core Roon application on the PC, but hidden away in another room? It would still need to be turned on and off though!

Any other options?

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Roon - how do you run it?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire