Help With Dabbling in Valve Amplifiers

dimanche 20 mars 2016

I think that I would like to test whether a good valve amp and speaker combo might offer a better, more involving sound than my current Meridian setup. If not, it can be a second system for me.

Years ago, I heard an Arion Tycho valve amp demoed and I have seen one for sale on e-Bay for £750 which seems a good price and I've now got an itchy buying finger...

So a few questions in no particular order:

  1. Is the Tycho a good buy at £750?
  2. If not, what else should I be looking for for £7-800?
  3. The Tycho will need a pre-amp to allow me to connect other sources. What might be a good match?
  4. When I heard the demo, they were partnered with a pair of Magneplanars but which are too big for my house. What other speakers for £3-500 would work?
  5. Speaker-wise there's a sell of TDL-2 speakers going for £120 near me. Would they be a good match?

Thanks as ever.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Help With Dabbling in Valve Amplifiers

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire