External Crossovers? Educate me...

jeudi 25 février 2016

External Crossovers? Educate me...

I have some much loved Triangle Antal ESW speakers, which seem well designed and specced. However, as always I assume specced to a price, which is understandable.

I wondered whether to 'upgrade' the crossovers with some simple changes, which I've done with good results in the past. The Triangles likewise responded beautifully.

I already removed the thermal protection from the crossovers and replaced the ceramic 'coffins' with decent wirewound resistors. Sometime soon I will change the electrolytic caps for polys, and maybe re-wire the internals for no good reason other than I'm there. Is there any mileage to putting the X-overs in external boxes, or is likely faff for nowt?

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.

External Crossovers? Educate me...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire