Avast there! Antivirus software advice

lundi 29 février 2016

I know that there are lots of knowledgeable computer people on this site, and I'd be interested in picking your brains. My own computer knowledge goes as far as turning the wretched thing on and off unaided.

I have used Avast for a while, and until yesterday have been happy with it on my Windows 7 Professional-equipped laptop. Yesterday, there arrived a new update from Avast, which I duly downloaded. As is usual, I restarted my computer and got as far as the Windows ripply flag logo - and no further. I looked up answers on the other computer and finally fumbled my way to a setting that let me reset the computer to an earlier time. I did so, settling on the last Windows update (and therefore excluding the Avast update), and all was well.

Then up came the Avast update reminder, and, thinking that all would now be well, I agreed to it - and the same thing happened again. And I had to go through the same rigmarole again.

So, clearly I daren't update Avast on this computer. In which case, it seems to me, I shouldn't keep Avast. But what are the alternatives? I have the possibility of a free change to Windows 10. Does that have an effective inbuilt antivirus program? What would you wise folk recommend? (Nobody please say "get an Apple", because my profession (intellectual property) works entirely on Windows software and that's not an option).

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.

Avast there! Antivirus software advice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire