[FS] CTC ("Garrard") 301, SMD Slate Plinth and SME 312 arm

lundi 29 février 2016

I'm really not sure if I want to follow through on this, but personal circumstances/setup mean I'm thinking I ought to explore selling my beloved TT. I've created this as a FS (for sale) rather than IC (interest considered) as I'm not really sure what IC really means. Obviously if a sale is agreed there will be a commitment on my behalf to follow through!

Anyway, the TT is a gorgeous, mint, Classic Turntable Company (Garrard "copy") 301. A picture here:

The deck is in a slate SMD plinth, and the arm is an SME 312.

I think CTC have renamed the range - but it is this one with the oversize platter (mine has the strobe marked platter as you can see above):

http://ift.tt/1XVe2ja

Retail for this model is £2499.

The history of this particular TT is that it was used for many of the website shots and was CTCs centre piece at a few shows before I bought it. According to Ray (CTC's owner) therefore particular care was taken to get the best possible finish on this one!

The plinth is this one:

http://ift.tt/1XVe2je

Retail is £1699 + lid £200.

The SME 312 has been replaced by SME by the "S". I think the 312 that I have was last retailed at around £1900.

As you can see this is over £6000 in total.

I'd seriously consider £3500 for the deck, plinth and arm. I also have a re-built Troika and a Lyra Kleos I could sell with the deck. FWIW both are fabulous to my ears - but the Lyra wins that particular shoot-out.

This will be pick-up only, and obviously therefore a demo would be part of the sale. If you're after a stunning looking, and stunning sounding deck this is well worth your consideration.

PM or post here as you wish.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.

[FS] CTC ("Garrard") 301, SMD Slate Plinth and SME 312 arm

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire