Wtfplay

lundi 29 février 2016

Guys this was developed over the last year by Fryderck and whilst I was skeptical initially I believe he has turned out a gem. This is a customized Linux OS that runs on Ram. It is booted from either CD or USB key.
Minimalist, cost effective and most importantly I think it sounds great. Give it a whirl and see what you think. Plays all resolutions of flac and wav and although DSD files not supported yet there are reports that if works on those files also. It takes a bit of effort to get use to command line but there is a small GUI that is fairly easy to use. Looks like Fryderck has posted it on Diyaudio but if you have any queries on working it will try to help.

'am pleased to announce that wtfplay is now official.

wtfplay is my attempt to create minimalist Linux based, PC music playback
environment. Initially I wrote the music player software, later I built a
dedicated Linux distribution for it. It is called wtfplay-live.

In this project, the top priority is the sound quality rather than a number of
features. Try it and let me know what you think.

The downloads and the documentation can be found at http://ift.tt/1Qh5hgl

The official support thread is on diyaudio:
http://ift.tt/1plHByG ... ystem.html

I will will be answering some queries there as well.

At this point I would like to thank guys on this forum who have been testing this for me. Many thanks for your valuable feedback.

wtfplay is still work in progress and in time new features will be added to it, so stay tuned for updated.

Enjoy.

F'

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.

Wtfplay

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire