Hum - please help!

vendredi 26 février 2016

Yesterday I put an AT Mono3/LP on my tonearm & noticed, as I was playing some records, a noticeable low frequency hum or buzz coming from the system.

I have never heard this before and it stopped when the TT wasn’t turning so I thought ‘rumble’. I am using a refettled Lenco 75 with upgraded Jeremy’s bearing& the oil was changed in January, so it really shouldn’t be that. I therefore started to think that perhaps it was the new cart since I hadn’t heard it before with all my other carts.

This morning I decided try it again & no hum apart from the small hum from the Quad 606/2 which is normal.

I only heard the hum last night after I had been playing discs for about 2 hours & it was fairly well controlled by the Quad bass filter.

It had occurred to me that the AT Mono was being played through an MM phono stage, but I read somewhere that it would be better at 1K rather than 47K, so wondered if it could be that, but if so why no hum this morning?

Is the small hum likely to mean the amp needs servicing or does a Quad hum a bit anyway?

You will have grasped that I only have a rudimentary idea of electronics etc. so any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Julian

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.

Hum - please help!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire